Who was that famous pro boxer who tried to join the Marines but washed out of boot?
Create Post

Who was that famous pro boxer who tried to join the Marines but washed out of boot?

There was a famous professional boxer who tried to joined the Marines a few years ago but he washed out of boot camp, does anyone know what his name was?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs down He Couldnt Hack It - Riddick Bowe

Boxer Bowe Leaves Marines After Nine Days - Former heavyweight boxing champion Riddick Bowe has decided to leave the U.S. Marines after only nine days, in part because of the "extremely regimented lifestyle," the service said today. "He said that he wished he would have enlisted in the Marine Corps earlier in his life," the Marine Corps said in a statement announcing that Bowe, 29, was leaving its 12-week training course at its base at Parris Island, South Carolina. Bowe, who has a record of 40-1-1, stunned the boxing world last month with his announcement that he was fulfilling a lifelong dream by enlisting in the Marine Corps Reserves.
    Reuters

I remember when all that was going on. The guys in my platoon all thought I was nuts for saying I wish I was back in boot camp so I could be his opponent in combat hitting skills. Sure, he would have probably messed me up pretty bad, even with the protective equipment. But just think if you got lucky and snuck a punch in that knocked him down, you'd be set. I doubt even a DI would want to make you too upset after than.

Of course, its easy to run your mouth and say things when you know it won't ever happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I remember when all that was going on. The guys in my platoon all thought I was nuts for saying I wish I was back in boot camp so I could be his opponent in combat hitting skills. Sure, he would have probably messed me up pretty bad, even with the protective equipment. But just think if you got lucky and snuck a punch in that knocked him down, you'd be set. I doubt even a DI would want to make you too upset after than.

Of course, its easy to run your mouth and say things when you know it won't ever happen.
    Lol.. Yeah!!!

Thread Information